Growing up, we did things that were considered odd in the realm of food as far as our neighbors were concerned. Grilling during a snow storm, eating escargot… you name it we probably did it. Including driving 40 minutes just to have breakfast someplace and then go home. That last one’s not so odd anymore. Here’s the thing though. I’m tired of fast food. It makes my tummy churn and there is soooo much good food out there waiting to be consumed. The problem is that my memory sucks. So I decided to put this page together of places so I would know. Well… That and one of the places have closed already, so I better get cracking!
- Mashiko’s – I first heard about them through Sushiday in SF. Sustainable Sushi
- Nettletown – Sustainable food. Learned about them at Ignite 10
- Queen Anne Cafe I’m told they have the BEST eggs benedict.>
- Seoul Hot Pot Quite a few people are shocked that I’ve never had Hot Pot before and I’m told that they have the Best. Hot Pot. In Bellevue.
- Wasabi Bistro I kinda Wanna do a Sushi tour of Seattle. Maybe I should make a different list for that.
- Sushiya what? more sushi? nu-uh!
- Aloha Ramen Located near Greenlake, their Ramen is supposedly superb. Problem is that they don’t open until 5pm.
Jerzy’s Wine Bar I REALLY want to try this place! Wine & Crepe’s. Sadly the owner had to leave town and it’s up for sale again. Someone buy it so I can go eat here!Finally re-opened! Good Crepes, but kinda pricey
- Sazerac I’m not biased to good food and I’m told they have some.
- Homegrown More sustainable food I hear?
Herbfarm Restaurant An actual Dining EXPERIENCE, but I’m told worth the price.GO. definitely not an experience to be missed! Little Hot Pot this list is going to get really long if I’m not careful…Not bad. Great place to go when Fall finally comes back Top Gun Seafood Restaurant great dim sumHidden & out of the way, but the Dim Sum is good
- Chocolopolis looks so nom!
- Po Dogs – I’m told the food is DELISH! not super, but not terrible. Have the Pickle chips!
- Gamba’s – Mostly bc I have a gift certificate AND they have Sushi
- The Counter – Build your own Burgers I’ve died & gone to heaven. send me back!
- Lunchbox Labratory
- Ray’s Boathouse
- Artisnal Brkfst w/Michelle for her bday. delish!
- Seastar Restaurant
Din Tai Fung in Bellevue (I’m blaming @MarkMizuno for this entry)I feel like a bad asian for feeling so MEH about this place…
- Serious Pie
Dahlia LoungeCLassy and delish.
- North Shore Hawaiian BBQ – Reviews are mixed, but I’m down for anyplace serving LauLau.
- Akasaka in Federal Way
- Crab Pot: I’m not one to say no to seafood…. O.M.G. almost. some seafood not so fresh…
- Liliha Bakery
- Big City Diner – ok. somewhat fast food, but I’ve heard good things
- Roy’s Restaurant
- apparently I’ve lost my list. I’ll be back with more… ;0)
- Scully’s Tavern in Miami, Fla
- Gladys Knight & Ron Winan’s Chicken And Waffles in Atlanta
- Sweetie Pie’s in Saint Louis. I’m told there’s a wait
- There’s this place in Maine who’s name has escaped me…
- Paula Deen’s restaurant: Fried goodness, long line.
- You know how I said I lost my list? Yeah that.
Got recommendations? Let me know! And yes, I know some of those links are FSQ locations. I started building this list there, but they changed their app and I can’t figure out how to continue easily building this there.